Friday, April 25, 2008

Drew Carey Sucks.

Yes, that's right. I said it. Drew Carey is awful as the Price is Right host. When I first heard he was taking over I was excited. I loved Drew on Whose Line is it Anyways and his sitcom. Now that he is recording shows daily, and you get to see his true personality and not just lines put out by a team of writers, we get to see how much he sucks.

Drew basically has two types of jokes he perpetually uses on the Price is Right.

The first being about how all the prizes suck. He's made it his thing to make fun of just about every single prize. Does he not realize the unique prizes are what make the Price is Right fun? College kids go on the show and get excited to win an antique cabinet, and senior citizens get stoked about winning dirt bikes. It's part of the appeal to the show, and the jokes aren't even funny.

If he's not making fun of the prizes, he's making fun of the models. Basically taunting them not to get tired doing their job, holding those numbers up. He also says it's the easiest job on the planet.... I don't think it's that difficult to host the Price is Right.

Bring back Bob! I don't care if he is 100!

1 comment:

becky said...

A.MEN.

The show isn't even fun to watch anymore. I used to laugh when all the ladies wanted a kiss from Bob... now it's just creepy if Drew tries to give them one.

The Price is Right had lots of special memories for me (most of which took place in 8th grade math with Mrs. Postma because we watched the show EVERY DAY in class), and now I don't even like to think about it because Drew is such a freak.

There's always been something about him that's made me feel very uncomfortable. And it's so annoying when he does the "spay/neuter your pets" announcement - he could at least put a little feeling into it like Bob did.

But I digress.