Saturday, January 12, 2008

One of the millions...

So, I've begun my conquest through 3500 pages. Yes, I've become on the millions. I've started my journey through the magical world of Harry Butthole Pussy Potter. I've resisted since the beginning. At the start the excuse was I honestly didn't like reading that much. However, as of about 2 years ago I've started reading a lot more for fun. I liked the 5th movie when I watched it with my parents over Christmas break so I figured I'd give the books a try.

Here's the thing: I already am in love with them. I'm only half way through the second book and they are amazing. The talk is true, anyone of any age can enjoy these books. As long as you are somewhat of a dork already and can appreciate something designed for grade school children.

I was skeptical at first when I went to Borders to buy book one and could not seem to find the books anywhere. Asking the clerk "where can I find your Harry Potter selection" was as difficult question as I've ever had to ask in my life. But I had searched the literature section for a half hour and the entire rest of the store for another half an hour. Then clerk told me they were the children's section. Great. How embarassing right?

So I went to the children's section as less pedophile-like as I could and climbed over the kid's playing with those books the make noises when you push the buttons. I finally found the books and the parents that had been staring at me since I was in the children's section realized that I was just a dork. Thank heavens, a harmless dork.

I read the book and I'm a total believer. With my addictive personality though it's going to be a trip. I've already looked into applying for Hogwarts next semester. No reply yet from the letter I sent them. One thing is for sure though, when I finish book two I'll march right into the children's section with my head held high.

2 comments:

becky said...

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

So glad that you're reading... and that you've found something to get into! You won't be disappointed.

If any of those judgmental parents give you the stink eye again, you could casually mention that you're taking a children's literature course.

You are, most definitely, a harmless dork, Tim. Thank heavens, indeed.

Anonymous said...

Wow....that was deja vu.

Your sister insisted that I watch the first Harry Potter movie with her. I resented her for it, pretty much up until the first 5 minutes of the movie. The next day, I went out and bought the first 2 books and the first 2 movies.

Did she get you to read them, too?